
3 months old today! In the last 3 months we have learned so much from this little girl: to laugh harder, love more, be more patient, sleep isn't as vital as we thought but caffeine is our friend, and mornings aren't so bad when you wake up to smiles and coos (Colin). Just today she looked so much bigger than she did last week and when I greeted her at the end of the day she reached out and touched my face, one of the sweeter moments of my day. She has a onesy made by Katie at my baby shower, I thought 3 little pigs were perfect for 3 little months old.

We had a great weekend full of solitary bike rides and a great big family picnic (Colin, Lily, Julie and Roxie) at the lake. The sun was shinning and we just read books and played.
The new, obscure sound you have all been hearing in the mornings and around lunch is my heart breaking every time I have to leave this little girl for work. Yep.....back to the grind and I knew it was going to be hard.....I just didn't know how hard. Colin is home enjoying every moment and trying his hardest to record the great ones I am missing. It has been an adjustment for Lily and I. The sleep schedule I worked so hard to get her on is shot because she has the best "mom radar" in the world and seriously I will lay her down and she will be fast asleep for 30 minutes and the SECOND I walk out of the house she wakes. Colin tries his hardest but it is no longer "the same" without mom home. Luckily she is so happy when she is awake and it has just made the nights a lot harder. I am sure my heart will stop aching by the time she is two and throwing her temper tantrums.....until then I hold tight to my weekends and evenings (and Kleenex). A little dramatic.....I think not.

She is beautiful! I love that excited smile.
ReplyDeleteWhitney