Sunday, August 1, 2010

Home from Michigan


I didn't have a chance to fit this in the last post. My dad has been working on building this kit plane for the last 2 years. He says he is about 60% done. The work he has done is amazing as every metal sheet has to be bent/shaped and rivot holes made then sanded then riveted. Here you can see most of the body and the vertical and horizontal stabilizer. I know this description is not doing his work justice so all I can say is that it is A LOT of work. Good job dad!

So happy playing outside!

Roxie was so happy her dad was home she greeted Colin with not just one toy but TWO.
Our transition back to Oregon was a little rough on Lillian as just before we left for Michigan her sleeping routine had much improved. So needless to say with all of the traveling she regressed to only sleeping in our arms again. The first day back was terrible with lots of crying every time I placed her in her crib and by golly I was not going to let her sleep in my arms so we played tug of war all day long. As you can tell by the picture above I clearly lost the battle. We were outside playing and I turned around to talk to Katie for a minute and when we turned back around she was passed out. My favorite is that her outfit and adorable socks from Jenny, Maddie and Aunt Carol match her quilt made by Liz. Ahh the lessons of parenting. But how can your heart not just melt when you see this little girl.....so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment