
We had a lot of firsts over the last week: first roll, first giggle, first day of day care and first cold/cough. Lily was taking the whole thing like a real champ until we hit breaking point yesterday and today. Yesterday I asked Colin for a little alone time at home with Lily before her first full week of daycare. He gladly said yes and this morning took off on his own little man adventure.....the book store for a few hours, the park to play guitar for another hour and then the grocery store for his girls. And then he came home to a strung-out wife and a crying baby, a baby that cried pretty close to the entire time he was gone. Every time I tried to feed her she arched her back and screamed, tried to rock her she arched her back and screamed, tried to bounce her she just cried....no matter what I did she just cried. So finally we ended up at the doctors office (thinking it may be an ear ache). Instead it was confirmed that everything we were doing was just fine and she just has a cold. So a few finally thoughts: God help us when we have more than just a cold and next time I will be more careful about what I ask for.


oh julie, i feel your pain. dolly has been sick four times already and it is the worst! i have some tips for you though. call me sometime soon. congrats to lily on the sleeping and rolling! what a big girl! glad you are enjoying the sling too.
ReplyDeleteWhitney