Friday, June 28, 2013

8 months and it is finally summer!

Some of the most amazing moments of the last month have just been moments of passing.  You all know the type, the moments that pass without a thought until you are settled for the night and you think back and realize how incredible something actually was.  I have loved making dinner and looking over at my little 8 month old trying her hardest to grab a toy out of her reach, trying so hard to make her body do something she does not know is yet possible.  

I love how Rowan grabs my face and smoothers me with a giant open mouth kiss when she sees me at the end of the day.  How she pats my shoulder when I pick her up and looks at me with so much joy and surprise, "really mom? you are picking me up, this is the coolest thing ever."  
I love how she cackles at her sister.  She squeals when she sees her.  She coos to herself when she eats or when she is COMPLETELY happy and in herself, by herself.
Rowan is working so hard on pulling to stand. Standing all of the time and trying to move into quadruped.  She is working on moving from standing to sitting and she is finally rolling!


Lillian is turning into the sweetest big sister.  Helping Rowan when she is  struggling, cheering when she succeeds.  She lights up just like I do when Rowan does something new.




She has also quite obviously become a 3 year old.  So many new feelings, emotions, freedoms, jealousies, that she is unable to understand or channel.  Typically the challenges come out with me, mommy.  She is perfect angel with Colin and the second I come home she melts.  I have silently, to myself threatened to quit on many occasions.  I have also threatened boarding school (silently) when she turns 13, God help us, it is not going to be pretty.




So far we have been busy this summer, classes, tests, moving friends/family, Colin's shows/band schedule, work.  But we have had a few moments of summer beauty, like strawberry picking with friends and family.  Ben and Lily at the strawberry farm!

Playing in the pool.

And watering the flowers or Lillian's head.  Every time I get the hose out and the bucket out to water this is what she does.  Oh the beauty of childhood. 

1 comment: