We finally got a little snow here, it is not much but was enough to attempt a few winter sports Sunday afternoon. Lily has been feeling pretty yucky over the last 5 days so we only went out for a short hike with our new back pack and of course we had to try one small hill at the end of the hike. She was very unenthused by this.

There were turkey tracks everywhere and Lily kept pointing at the snow and saying "mom, ma Roxie, turkey tracks." Translation: Roxy was following the turkey tracks.
Kalie and Colin attempted to cross country ski but the path was really quite impassable in many areas so they resorted to carrying their skis.
Lily loves her new table she got for Christmas. She wants to eat every meal and even every snack here. She colors, plays with play dough, carries the chairs around the house...the table fun never ends. It has been nice because it gives Colin or I an extra second in the kitchen to either cook dinner or do dishes.
As a young girl I always played with my hair, did my babies' hair, did my friend's hair and dreamt of doing my daughter's hair when I grew up. Then I was lucky enough to have a daughter (first half of the obstacle met), now actually being able to "do" Lily's hair is another obstacle. She was given these adorable hair clips when she was 3 months old, I waited until her hair was long enough and attempted to sneak them in her hair, alas she would pull them out within seconds so I decided to let it rest. Well then this Christmas she was given a new set of beautiful hair clips so I thought I would give it a go again, well after numerous attempts the clips, hair ties, pig-tails have lasted no more than 1 minute as instantly she pulls them out and gives them to me to put in my hair- how nice. So this is the only picture I have been able to capture with her hair out of her face for more than 1 second.
She got the hand-made wooden animals and mitten for Christmas that she is playing with. The figurines go along with a story about animals who find a mitten in the woods and seek shelter. She brings me the book and figurines to play with and read multiple times a week! So much fun.
Ah, "pigtails....hair's way of having a party." (I saw this on a hallmark card and loved it)
ReplyDeleteOur little baby is no longer...she is now a little girl!! Thanks for sharing these sweet pics.
Love you!