As many of you know Adrienne and I have made Christmas cookies together for years so I needed to carry on the tradition here in Michigan with my sisters. Typically with Adrienne we each made 3-5 different types of cookies, we start early in the day and end late! So for a month now I have been preparing my sisters for this, "do you know what you are going to make?" "do you have your supplies?" "you have to stay hydrated." "make sure you wear good shoes so you can stand all day." It is a big deal and by the end of the day you are beat. We decided to make cookies at Megan's because she had a big enough kitchen and a dishwasher- that is the key. Above is the car load of supplies I took to Megan's. There were many funny stories from the day that I will spare you from but lets just say there was lots of laughter but Adrienne and her cooking skills, cookie baking endurance and fudge was sorely missed.
Apron and Christmas spirit in place!

It was a little more challenging with a little one running around and wanting nothing at all to do with helping.
The end result.
Lily did manage to sneak in 3 chocolate chips, she had them all over her hand and face.
Finally the cookies were done and the little one was passed out.
Truly this was what Christmas is about...family, faith,
ReplyDeletetraditions (and new ones) and sacrificing just to be together. We are SO grateful you came up to Gaylord as you were on the mend from the flu...and me with my cold!! All these pics are delightful. I can feel the NYE Joy of your family all the way to Gaylord.
Sweet blessings in 2012!