Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A few adorable moments and words


It seems like every week brings about many new changes. As you all know Lillian is more of a talker than anything else. (I don't know where she gets it from.) She is always carrying on some sort of conversation, be it with the cat or the dog or one of us. Every weekend we notice new words/sounds. She has been muttering papapapa, dadada, upppp, tat, dat, gat but officially as of just a few days ago she has said 'mama' with purpose - either when I walk in to a room or when she discovers me by crawling around the corner. I think, she occasionally points at the cat and says 'cat' in her own little way but Colin seems to think she says 'cat' to a lot of things.
Last night we were eating dinner and she officially said her second word 'water' when asking for her water glass. Colin and I just looked at each other and said 'Did you hear that?' I handed her the glass and she was happy. It proceeded to happen 4 more times.
She is loving real food. I rarely have to make pureed food for her any more. She wants what we have. She is even starting to wean herself pretty quickly from breast feeding.....my emotions are so mixed about that. I will save that for a different post.
I don't want to jinx our nights but we have had at least 1 week of a little baby girl going to bed at 8 pm and not waking until 6 am. Prior to this last week we have had a few nights here and there but nothing lasting more than a week. It is so amazing and such a blessing. I still hold my breath every night just waiting for this all to change again. If there is one thing I have learned it is that everything is a phase.

Yep- this is what I turned around to the other day. Not Lily feeding Chev but Chev helping himself to a little beans, peas and avocado. Unbelievable!

Look at these two. Do you think she may look a little like her dad?

1 comment:

  1. These are SO adorable...and look how happy this little dickens is in every picture! Thank you so much for keeping us connected via this blog of updates and pictures. It lifts our hearts to see all of you.

    ReplyDelete