Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy 2 month Birthday Baby Rowan Marie!

I have a slew full of posts to catch up on, this one is the furthest overdue.  Rowan is officially 2 months old.  She is growing like a champ!  We had her two month check up a while back and here are the stats:
Weight 11 pounds 10 oz, Height 22.8 inches (she has grown almost 2 inches in these two months, no wonder she is hungry all of the time) and head circumference 15.3 inches.  So, much like Lily she knows how to eat and grow and we are so proud.

Every day is more and more rewarding.  We are so in love with Lily and everyday she makes us laugh but it is different with Rowan.  We are at the stage of FALLING in love with her.  Our love grows more everyday and truthfully we all know how much fun it is to fall in love but you forget that feeling when you are not in the process.  We are in the depths of it.  I smell her and smile, I can't wait to snuggle her when she is gone from my arms for too long, I notice every little change, I eat up every little smile.  Our hearts are exploding with new love and it is wonderful.

2 months!  This little sweater outfit makes her looks like a chunk, but it really is a lot of extra material and her giant cloth diaper underneath.

She is smiling a lot more, cooing when you talk to her and even giving a gentle greeting few times when Colin enter's the room and says hi to her while she is breast feeding, as if to say, "hi dad, I am so glad you are here, look how great this is."  She loves to hold our fingers now and grabs onto you whenever she can.  She is calmed by placing something on her face and she continues to need her independent time, where she is close to you but not being touched.  It is fun to watch her change.



1 comment: