So happy to be with mommy. I have to say that it was so hard to be away from Lily. This little girl has been the light of our lives. She makes us laugh, cry, cringe, and grow. I cried when I talked to her the morning after Rowan was born knowing that her world was about to change and all I wanted to do was hold her for her dear life to let her know how much we loved and her and how proud of her we are. While she sat with me on this bed, Rowan was crying and Lily said, " she needs her mama." and I thought she sure does, and Lily you have no idea what that means. Now having to share mama. I asked Lily "who is her mama?"
I think there is probably a series of moments that every mom goes through when having a second. A sadness for the first child, a question of how will I have more time and energy for a second and an excitement for the family, for sisters to have the joys that I have with my sisters. |
Oh Julie! Your girls are precious. I have a sister - and it's true. The sisterly bond is unlike anything else. I'm glad your girls will always have each other!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing this with me. I'm so honored that you've allowed me to be a part of your birth story and your lives. You have an amazing, beautiful family! :)
ReplyDelete