Thursday, November 17, 2011

18 months

Daily I ponder; life. love. family. celebration. frustration. future. I typically have a paper written in my head about any or all of these topics on any given day. I always wish there was another hour in the day to actually put some of my thoughts out into the blogosphere. (Now all of you journalers don't get any ideas, I have no desire to start a journal despite how great it is, how wonderful it would be to look back; I think it brings me back to my days of dear diary. I am glad those days are over and now the thoughts I can write about can be out in the open, not hidden under lock and key, instead in the cyber space world where ideas may or may not be read.) So in short I wish I could write more about what is going through my head, our transitions, what is to come and what has already come. Instead I write short blips about what is new and fleeting feelings or activities, like.......
We officially have an 18 month old. I am going to say it now.....I can't believe it has already been 18 months. Time has both flown by and felt like it had stopped all together. Lily is running, climbing on everything, picking out her own shirts, pj's, cups to drink out of, using silverware even though only half of the food actually makes it to her mouth, learning a new word daily and even getting the key in and out of the door. It is true what they say, she has had the same personality from day one, maybe even since in the womb. She is very independent and stubborn but the loviest and cuddliest little girl around. She is the leader of the pack even at the age of 1.5. We go to the playground and within 5 minutes she has a few kids following her around and listening to her non-sense chatter and talking back to her in full sentences. She typically walks into a room talking and yelling and pointing at everyone and everything. She chatters all of the time. We are still breast feeding at night and we are still struggling with nights.
Now the nights are absolutely our own fault. We had concurred them in Eugene after a few terrible cry it out days/nights and since moving home we lost everything we gained out west. We have even created some terrible habits we said we never wanted to create: when she cries at night Colin or myself gets her from her crib and brings her to our bed, she nurses then goes back to her bed. I know many of you are shaking your heads but let me explain.......when we moved in I swore our house was haunted (specifically her room). I couldn't go into Lily's room because I was too scared at night so to help her to get back to sleep was impossible seeing as I wouldn't go in her haunted room (honestly I saw two whooshes -movements in the night, through the air- my imagination- maybe or maybe not but I wasn't going to chance it). In the last month I have been able to go in her room at night - with many lights on- and I have not had any bad feelings or weird sitings. Crazy yes but I had to explain how we got where we are now.

We had her 18 month check-up: she weights 26 pounds 9 oz (79th %tile), she is 32.6 inches tall (76%tile), and her head size is 19.4 inches in circumference (98%tiles) - a measurement the doctor was a bit concerned about but as we all know she had a bit different of a head shape from day one.
The last month has brought many beautiful fall days. Here she is with aunt Kalie last weekend during leaf clean-up at our house.
On a hike a few weekends ago up in Gaylord.
Playing with Marmie in their backyard.
Trick-or-treating

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love seeing your posts and pics. Thank you for taking time to do this out of your long days of work. They mean the world and lift our hearts.
    Smooches,
    Marmee

    ReplyDelete