Sunday, September 4, 2011




So whenever I hear or see Lily start to go to the bathroom
I ask her if she has to go "poo poo in the potty." She typically says "yah or nah" but her answer is not always correct. So regardless of the answer I take her to the potty and she has actually pooped 5 times now on the potty. Today was unlike no other day except that when I asked her she said "nah" and then walked to the pottie and pointed at it. So I being the very instinctive mother that I am (hahaha) followed her lead and placed her on the potty. AND low and behold she went poop and pee! I am hoping we have made a small break through in our very infantile potty training stage.

Now I know you all, and though you are very happy for our small success you are also silently hating us so let me bring it back to the reality of things. 3 weeks ago we had friends coming over for dinner and they were to arrive in 2 hours. Colin was out and my job was to clean the house and cook the dinner and take care of Lily and get it all done in two hours. Well ALL day long Lily was exceptionally needy and was making grunting noises on and off so everytime she got silent and started to grunt I would ask "Do you have to go poo poo in the pottie?" And she would reply "no." I would run her to the pottie and nothing would happen. So I start vacuuming the house and notice a spot on the carpet and think, "hmm that is weird Colin usually cleans the carpet if something spills on it" and so I keep vacuuming, then it happens again and I think, "well now I will have to mention this to Colin and ask him what happened" and that is right when it all becomes so clear. I turn around and Lily has BOTH hands in her diaper pulling poop out, poop is smeared down BOTH of her legs, across her favorite chair and multiple other locations of the NEW carpet in the dinning room and living room. I look at the clock and now have 1.5 hours before our friends are arriving and poop across my daughter and multiple spots of my house. Needless to say dinner was late and I thought to myself....."I asked you multiple times today if you had to go poo poo on the potty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment