Sunday, July 18, 2010

2 months old and still smaller than The Chev


Lillian had her 2 month check-up. She is officially still smaller than Chevy at 11# 14 oz - so yes Kalie she weighs less than Chev and is smaller than Chev. She is now 23 inches long. She was so brave when she received her vaccines and so was I. The next day was the most sad because those stupid vaccines made her feel so yucky she even let out cries in her sleep while being held by Colin or I. Again, likely harder for Colin and I than it really was for her. But as many have said....what is sadder than a sick baby?


Many of you have heard my endless complaining of our sleep issues.......sometimes up every hour at night and only sleeping in Colin or my arms during the day and most of the time needing to be held until midnight. Well this picture here marks the day I wanted to stand atop any mountain and scream 'Hallelujah......a miracle has just occurred!'....I wanted to tell anyone and everyone that would listen about the most amazing thing that has happened (other than of course the miracle of Lily and a few other large miracles that have recently occurred in our life).......this picture. This was the very first nap in her crib, where I was able to put her AWAKE in her crib and she fell asleep on her own and slept for longer than 5 minutes. Following this nap she took another nap that day and has slept in her crib ON HER OWN since. She wakes every 3 hours instead of every 1-2. I can lie her in her crib awake and she falls to sleep, without crying, on her own. For Colin and I it was/is pure liberation. We no longer spend every second of every night consoling this little one. I have 2 hands that I can use for whatever at least 2 times a day. The answer for us was Secretes of The Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg. I am sure it is not the answer for every baby but for ours....it worked and as promised in as little as 3 days. Yes I know it is not forever as I am going back to work in 2 weeks and she will be teething soon and then crawling and her sleep will once again be disturbed BUT for now we breathe a huge sigh of relief.
Lillian and her friend Quinn hanging out listening to music in the park. Quinn lives right around the corner and is 5 weeks older than Lily.

3 very happy generations!

No comments:

Post a Comment